Summer Cocktail Styling
Just in time for the weekend and the 4th of July, we thought we would share some super cute cocktail recipes to get you in the festive spirit and some outfit pairings that will kick it up that extra notch. What's better than a delicious cocktail? An outfit to match! our summer nights have never looked so good!
- 1/2 gallon lemonade (make your own or buy prepared)
- 6 ounces vodka (1ounce in each)
- 4.5 ounces blue raspberry-flavored vodka (3/4 ounce in each
- Fresh mint leaves
- Step 1: Prepare or buy your lemonade. Fill the glasses with ice and then pour the lemonade over the ice about 3/4 of the way full.
- Step 2: Add one ounce vodka and stir. Then top with 3/4 of an ounce Blue Raspberry Vodka. Garnish with a sprig of mint!
- *Pairs well with metallic accessories, cut-off denim shorts and asymmetrical hem lines.
- 2. Raspberry Beer Cocktail
- You'll Need:
- 1 cup of fresh raspberries or frozen
4 bottles of corona (12oz) beer, chilled
1 container frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, thawed or pink lemonade
1/2 cup good quality vodka
Garnish: lemon slices, or raspberries.
Step 1: In a large container stir together the first 4 ingredients. Serve over ice.
Step 2: Garnish with raspberries.
* To make ahead, stir together lemonade concentrate and vodka in a large container. Stir in raspberries and beer just before serving. Garnish, if desired.
- *Pairs well with flirty overalls, gingham prints and effortless silhouettes.
- 3. Pear, Rosemary, and Lemongrass Cocktail
- You'll Need (serves 4):
- 5 pears (medium size)
3 sprigs rosemary
1 inch fresh ginger, more or less according to taste
1 stalk lemongrass, chopped and crushed
a pinch nutmeg, ground
2 pinches ground vanilla
1/2 – 1 cup sparkling water or soda (start with 1/2 cup, add more to taste)
Step 1: Run pears, fennel, 2 sprigs rosemary and ginger in a juicer.
Step 2: Pour the juice into a small saucepan over medium heat, add lemongrass, nutmeg and vanilla. Step Step 3: Bring to boil, turn down the heat and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until thickened. Allow to cool completely before straining.
Step 4: Pass through a fine sieve.
Step 5: Crush the ice in a high speed blender.
Step 6: Place the thickened juice in a pitcher or (cocktail) shaker, add soda water and stir to combine.
Step 7: Fill the cocktail glasses with ice and pour over the juice and soda mixture. Garnish with sliced pears and fresh rosemary. Serve.
- * Pairs well with breezy maxi dresses, gauzy fabrics and bohemian prints.
- 4. Lava Flow Cocktail
- You'll Need:
- 4 oz coconut rum
- 4 oz light (white) rum
- 10 oz frozen strawberries
- 8 oz pineapple juice
- 8 oz cream of coconut
- 2 cups crushed ice
- fresh pineapple wedges, for garnis
- Step 1: In a blender, combine coconut rum, light rum, and strawberries. Blend to a puree. Transfer to a clean pitcher.
- Step 2: Clean and wash out blender. Add pineapple juice, cream of coconut, and crushed ice. Blend until smooth.
- Step 3: Divide strawberry rum puree among 4 serving classes. Slowly pour pineapple coconut mixture into the glass. The red mixture will evenly swirl with the white mixture.
- Step 4: Garnish with a pineapple wedge and serve immediately.
- * Pairs well with anything in a tropical print, flirty onesies and neon accessories.
- 5. Pink Grapefruit Mojito Mimosa
2 cups pink grapefruit juice
1 lime, juice
1 cup white rum
1 cup champagne
½ cup of brown sugar
1 cup fresh mint leaves, plus more for garnish
1 large grapefruit, peeled sliced
Step 1: In a jug or pitcher, add brown sugar, mint leaves, and lime juice.
Step 2: Muddle ingredients until sugar is slightly creamy.
Step 3: Add grapefruit juice, rum, and champagne.
Step 4: Stir lightly with a spoon. Pour cocktail into a champagne flute or regular glass, garnish with mint and grapefruit slices.
- *Pairs well with Sunday best brunch attire; flat strappy sandals, full midi skirts and structured bags.